Week 2: Latin and Greek Roots
Week 2 teaches students how to use Latin and Greek roots as a primary tool to Unlock, Process, and Apply new meanings.
- The weekly vocabulary list is introduced in context.
- The unit Context Clues Strategy is applied each week.
- Students learn Latin and Greek roots to unlock meaning.
- A graphic organizer is used to categorize words by roots.
- A wide variety of fun activities provides multiple interactions for deep processing.
Students use these skills to process word meanings:
- Prefixes and Suffixes
- Word Origins
- Similes and Metaphors
- Multiple Meanings
- Word Puns and Puzzles
- Word Associations
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Borrowed Words
- Homophones and Homographs
View sample for your grade.