You are here

Coaching Hint

When should I call the occupational therapist?

Children come to school with a broad range of developmental skill levels. Many children are already using many fine-motor, gross-motor, and perceptual skills, developed through exposure to a variety of play experiences. Some children, however, have not properly developed the fundamental skills that directly impact their handwriting. Often a good systematic handwriting program can help correct these issues, but sometimes, it is necessary to consult an occupational therapist for assistance. Use this checklist to determine if you should call your school's occupational therapist.


            © Zaner-Bloser, Inc. All Rights Reserved.      Privacy Policy